Keto Croissant Pizza
Keto Croissant Pizza
- Combine Ketonia mix, warm water, eggs, 2 tbsp butter, honey, and instant yeast and knead bread according to directions on the package. Let dough rest, covered, for 60 minutes.
- Spray a bit of vegetable spray on the work surface to keep the dough from sticking. Roll dough out to about 12” x 12” square. Place cold prepared butter in the center of the dough. Fold each corner over butter to form a neat package. Firmly hit the dough a few times to soften the butter, then out to a 12” x 8” inch rectangle. As if folding a business letter, fold the top third of the dough over the middle third. The fold the bottom third up onto the middle. Now turn the dough. You can usually do 2 turns at a time, so you will repeat this rolling out of the dough, folding it and turning once more. If the dough fights you, tries to spring back, or the butter gets soft, simply cover it and let it rest in the fridge for half an hour or so, then pull it out and continue.
- You will roll out, fold, and turn your dough a total of 6 times. You rest the dough covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for 45 minutes or till the butter stiffens a bit after each pair of turns.*** After the 6th and final turn, return to the refrigerator overnight.
Assembling the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400*. If you have a pizza stone, preheat that in the oven as well.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, fry your prosciutto if desired. If you're only making half of the dough, you will only need about 3-4 slices.
- Roll out your croissant dough about 1/4 inch thick. Now you can deside if youd like to cut your dough in half or make the full pizza. If you arent serving that many guests, save half of the dough in the freezer for another recipe. You can also cut the dough in half and make two different pizzas. Its completely up to you. Place rolled out dough ontp a piece of parchment paper.
- Press the center of the dough in slightly to create a thicker crust. Sprinkle freshly grated mozzarella cheese all over the dough. For half the dough, only use 1 cup of cheese. Top with prosciutto.
- Place pizza on a baking sheet or preheated pizza stone with parchemnt paper still underneath. Bake for 15 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces.
This Keto Croissant Pizza is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!