Keto Chicken Tikka Masala
Keto Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 lbs Boneless skinless breasts
- 1 c cup plain yogurt
- 4 tbs olive oil divided
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ½ medium onion
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbs ginger fresh, grated
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can coconut cream unsweetened
- 2 tsp Better than bouillon
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place chicken in bowl. pour yogurt over chicken and massage with your hands making sure chicken is covered completely. Let marinate at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wipe off excess yogurt with hands and wipe out bowl with paper towel. Return chicken to bowl.
- Drizzle 2 tbs olive oil over chicken. Add spices from salt through cardamom. Mix with fingers to make sure chicken is coated evenly with spices and oil.
- In a large frying pan, over medium high heat add 2 tbs olive oil. Brown chicken for 5 minutes per side being careful not to burn the spice coating. Transfer to a plate and slice chicken into smaller bits.
- Using the pan with the drippings and spices, add the onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, adding a bit more oil if necessary. Add garlic and ginger and cook till aromatic, 1 minute or so.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for a minute or 2 till it starts to caramelize.
- Pour Rotel into pan and scrape bottom of pan with a wooden spook to scrape up any browned bits.
- Let it come to a simmer and add coconut cream and better than bouillon, stirring to incorporate coconut.
- I like a smooth sauce so I used my immersion blender at this point to blend the chunkier bits. Not necessary for anything but cosmetics! Skip it if it doesn't matter to you! (I'm a pest, ask anybody!)
- Reduce to a simmer and add Chicken back to pan.
- Simmer on meduium low for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a bit of water if it gets too thick.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and cauliflower rice, if desired.
This Keto Chicken Tikka Masala is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority and we really appreciate your support!
Shop on Amazon