Keto Chicken Quesadillas
Keto Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 ½ cup Ketonia mix sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup lard or shortening
- ¾ cup hot water
- 1 1/4 cup shredded chicken
- 2 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1/3 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 tsp Goya adobo seasoning
- butter for pan
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Measure out your Ketonia mix and put it through a fine-mesh sifter. What does not fit through the sifter, place in a coffee grinder or small bullet and grind until fine and fits through the strainer. Transfer to a bowl fitted for a stand mixer and add your salt and baking powder. Mix dry ingredients with a paddle attachment until well combined. Add in your lard or shortening and mix on medium speed until crumbly and sand-like. You can also do this by hand by massaging the lard into your dry ingredients.
- For the hot water, your sink water most likely will be hot enough, but you can also heat some water on the stove. Add the hot water a little at a time, about ¼ cup. Let the water incorporate with the dry ingredients before adding more. Once the dough is a good consistency, soft and pliable, knead for 5 minutes on high. Or, if you’re doing it by hand, knead for 10 minutes. After removing the dough from the mixer, knead for a minute to form a smooth ball. Wrap with saran wrap and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and divide into 10 even portions. Roll out each piece of dough very thin, almost translucent, and transfer back in the fridge for 30 minutes to set in place. Heat a large skillet on medium-low and place one tortilla at a time on the ungreased skillet. Cook for 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned spots appear and the dough is cooked thoroughly. Make sure not to burn them, or they will crisp up. Don’t expect perfectly round tortillas. It takes practice. Place cooked tortillas on a paper towel to cool. Enjoy your keto tortillas!!
- *Don’t be afraid to use the lard. The flavor it brings is absolutely amazing.
- Place one tortilla on a plate and top with cheese, chicken, pico, a sprinkle of goya seasoning, and top with more cheese to melt everything together. Place another tortilla on top.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tbsp of butter. Place made quesadilla on hot skillet and cook covered for 2 minutes. Flip and cook covered for another 2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 4 pieces. Serve with your favorite toppings like sour cream or guacamole.
This is a keto-friendly lunch recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas