Keto Chicken and Waffles
Keto Chicken and Waffles
For the waffles
- 1 ¾ cup Ketonia Mix
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup oil
- 2 large eggs whites whipped
- Lakanto maple syrup for drizzling
For the chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts cut into biscuit sized portions
- 1 cup Pork Panko
- 1 tbsp hot sauce or to taste
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder divided
- Cut each breast into 2 or 3 pieces, depending on the size of your waffles. In a small bowl, mix mayo, hot sauce, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Combine Panko and garlic powder on a plate for coating chicken. Brush chicken with mayo mixture and dredge in panko mixture on both sides. Set on a tray and let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- From here, you can either bake them at 425* till crisp and an internal temp of 165* or you can fry them. I haven’t had huge success with deep frying. The panko doesn’t stick to the protein. I had much better success with shallow pan-frying. I used half an inch of vegetable oil. Keep the oil at 375*, or the outside will burn before the inside is fully cooked. Finally, resist the temptation to move the chicken after you put it in the pan! Watch that your oil isn’t too hot, but let the coating adhere to the chicken. Don't move it for 3 or 4 minutes. This gives you a nice solid crust. Turn with tongs and do the same on the other side. Check the internal temp. It should be 165*. Let chicken rest for a few minutes on paper towels to absorb any grease.
- Measure out ketonia mix, baking powder, and salt and sift through a fine-mesh sifter. What doesn’t filter through, blend in a coffee grinder or small blender, then sift. In a bowl, combine sifted dry ingredients with egg yolks, heavy cream, and oil. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter. On a heated non-stick waffle iron, pour enough batter just to fill in the bottom tray and cook until golden brown and crispy. Create 6 waffles. Top with fried chicken and Lakanto syrup if desired.
This Keto Chicken and Waffles is a keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love. Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes as well as keto-fy your favorite comfort foods to help you reach your goals and enjoy the keto journey.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods)
Let us know what you think of the recipes and which dishes or desserts you would love to see Aunt Ger keto-fy. We love seeing the Ketonia family loving both the recipes and our products. You guys are always our number one priority!
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Low Carb Diet Recipes here:
Interested in learning more about the Basics of the Keto Diet? In order to reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list and become a VIP Ketonian. Sign up here!
keto low carb diet recipes | keto 101 diet | free keto snacks | low carb snacks for keto | beginner keto menu | the basics of the keto diet | budget friendly keto meal plan | keto friendly lunch recipes | easy keto dessert recipes for beginners | keto friendly snack ideas