Keto Candied Bacon Ice Cream
Keto Candied Bacon Ice Cream
- 3 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup brown swerve
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 5-7 strips bacon
- 3 tbsp brown swerve
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 425*
- In a medium sauce pan combine your heavy cream and 1 cup of brown swerve. Heat over meium-high heat until you reach a slight simmer, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Place egg yolks in a metal bowl and whisk for 20 seconds.
- Using a ladel, slowly temper your hot cream into the egg yolks while vigorously whisking. You only need to ladel about 3 scoops of cream into the egg yolks. Slowly pour the egg yolk mixture back into the sauce pan while whisking. Place the saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 more minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture into a clean metal bowl. Mix in your vanilla extract. Place the metal bowl into a water bath (a larger bowl filled with ice and water) to cool the mixture. While this is cooling, prepare the bacon.
- In a small bowl combine 3 tbsp brown swerve and 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle about 1/3 onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Lay your strips of bacon on top of the cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the bacon. Bake in preheated oven for about 17 minutes. Keep an eye on it though because it can burn quickly. Remove and let cool.
- Once the ice cream mixture is cooled, turn on your ice cream machine and press start. The paddle will start to turn and you can pour in your mixture. Place the lid on and let it churn for about 45 minutes.
- Chop up your candied bacon and sprinkle it in the ice cream about 10 minutes before it is completed. I like to save some to top the ice cream with!
This Keto Candied Bacon Ice Cream is a keto-friendly dessert recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!