Classic NY Keto Reuben Sandwich
Classic NY Keto Reuben Sandwich
- 1 Ketonia Baking Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter room temperature
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs instant yeast
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tbs water egg wash
- 2 tbs caraway seeds
- 2 tbs King Arthur Rye Bread Improver
- 1 lb. lean deli corned beef
- 1 lb. deli swiss
- 4 oz. sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp. onion finely minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sugarless ketchup
- 4 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp. butter softened
- Combine all ingredients and knead bread according to directions on the package. Let the dough rest , covered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Flatten dough into a rectangle and roll, jelly roll style into a loaf. Let rise for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.
For the Russian Dressing:
- Combine onion, mayo, ketchup, horseradish, Franks, Worcestershire and paprika. I am obsessed with this sauce! I will slather it on ANYTHING!!
To build the sandwich:
- Slice 4 slices of bread. Butter 1 side of each piece. Place butter sides down in a large flying pan. (Don’t turn on the stove yet.) Slather Russian dressing on all slices. Pile sauerkraut on 2 slices. Cover all slices with swiss. Divide corned beef between both sandwiches and top with the other side. Now grill, over medium low heat till golden brown. Flip and grill the other side. Serve with more Russian dressing.
This Classic NY Keto Reuben Sandwich is a keto-friendly recipe.
Aunt Ger is our head Chef behind Ketonia, responsible for creating the delicious Ketonia products you know and love.
As a veteran french pastry chef, Geri strives to create delicious and keto-friendly recipes that are so good you won’t believe they’re low carb. Her passion for authentic food stems from her deep belief that you should love everything you eat. For Geri, Keto foods are no exception. From day one, Ketonia has had a commitment to creating the absolute best tasting and best for you keto food. So get your forks ready as mother-son team Geri and John take you on a keto culinary journey like you’ve never been on before!
Have something you’d like to see? Please send us a message. We’d love to take a shot at it! From drinks to desserts and everything in between, we love making the keto impossible, possible.
When you try out our recipes, please share your photos and tag us on social media! (@KetoniaFoods) It does more than you know to help our Woman-owned small business. Also, be sure to follow us so you’ll never miss a fun live recipe or flash sale.
Hungry for more? Check out more of Aunt Ger’s Keto Recipes here.
Are you interested in learning more about the Ketogenic diet? To reach your goals with keto, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of the ketogenic lifestyle. Check out our learning center articles to Understanding Keto here.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes, sales, discounts, and giveaways? Join our mailing list, The Monday Mealplan, and become a VIP Ketonian. Every week along with new keto recipes, you’ll get access to new keto products and exclusive VIP-only discounts! Sign up here!
Thanks again for stopping by! It’s customers like you who make Geri and John’s dream a reality!